We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. The world has been through so much uncertainty over the past few months. While many things have changed, our commitment to our patients' health and well-being at Kids Only Dental has remained constant.
Our office follows infection control recommendations in accordance with the American Dental Association (ADA), the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Additionally, we have been closely following these agencies in order to ensure adherence to new recommendations and guidelines for patient care and safety.
As a result, we have made some changes to our Office Protocols:
- Doctors and staff will be wearing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Hand washing and sanitizing stations will be set up for use throughout the office.
- Stringent sterilization protocols are in place for the office and dental equipment, including but not limited to:
- Frequent daily office disinfection schedules, including use of disinfectant fogger and sanitizer spray after each operatory use
- HEPA air filtration within each operatory; fresh air unit throughout office
- Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation (UVGI) sanitizer placement in HVAC system ducts
- Face masks are required upon office entry as per New York State law. This requirement is for the protection of yourself and for those around you. You will not be permitted entry to the office without a face covering; face masks will be provided by the office if you do not have one upon arrival.
- No more than 1 parent or caregiver (per family) is allowed to accompany his/her child or children to each visit.
- Patients and parents will be screened upon office entry for fever and related COVID19 symptoms. Pre-screen questionnaires will also be completed prior via phone at appointment confirmation.
- Please do not arrive early or late to scheduled appointment times. In order to reduce office and wait room congestion and adhere to social distancing, appointment times must be strictly adhered to or will be otherwise forfeited.
- Appointment times will be staggered and decreased per day to adhere to social distancing guidelines; office hours will also be adjusted accordingly to accommodate patient care.
- When you arrive for your appointment, please text or call the office and knock on the office door, as it will be locked. A staff member will answer; please hand sanitize upon office entry.
- Please follow appropriate signage regarding Parker Towers elevator and stairwell usage; only one person or family can occupy each elevator at a time. Additionally, each stairwell is designated for either going up or down.
- The safety of our patients and staff is of utmost importance. During this pandemic, our team is required to wear significant PPE for dental procedures.
To schedule appointments with our office, it is easiest to do so electronically rather than by phone. Please reach out via our website, Yelp, or simply text the office number; two-way texting is available. Please be patient with our staff; we will respond to everyone as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Patient Screening & Guidelines:
- All patients and caregivers will be screened for fever and COVID19-related symptoms upon entry to the office. Individuals with COVID19-like symptoms or a fever of at least 99.6° F will be rescheduled.
- A COVID19 pre-screening questionnaire will be completed with our staff at appointment confirmation via phone.
- If you, your child, or household member is experiencing flu-like symptoms, loss of taste/smell, fever, or has had recent exposure to COVID19, please call the office to reschedule your child's appointment.
- If your child is experiencing a dental emergency please call or email the office prior to schedule appropriately; walk-in appointments will not be honored.
In spite of the recent changes and world events, we want to ensure that your child's dental visit remains as smooth as possible. We are committed to the highest standards of patient safety and care. We thank you in advance for your patience and understanding during these unique times. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to us and we truly look forward to seeing all of our patients again.
The Kids Only Dental Team